Good afternoon, all.
Unfortunately, due to the surge in COVID infections within the community, and among employees and / or their families, we will close public buildings to walk-in service effective Wednesday, January 12, and follow the same protocols we did last winter. While the doors will be closed, we will pivot to primarily remote service for most activities to help flatten this surge and keep our visitors and employees safer. Please note the following:
Police & Fire: The facility will be closed to walk up service.
- For emergencies (crime in progress or immediate medical assistance), please call 911.
- To reach a police officer for non-emergencies, please call dispatch at 530-795-4561
- To reach an on-duty Fire captain, please call 530-795-4131, press option 6.
- For Fire Department non-emergencies, please call Fire dispatch at 530-666-8920.
- For anyone who walks up to the building, there is a call button to speak with staff inside. Press the button and someone will assist you.
- Please continue to contact building staff by emailing Building.Division@cityofwinters.org or by calling 530-794-6708.
- Permits can be applied for and issued via email.
- Inspections are still ongoing.
- Credit card payments can be made by phone.
- Curbside appointments for service can be made by calling the building division.
- To reach Building Official Tom Davis, please email email@example.com or call his cell at 530-864-3377.
- To contact Kirk Skierski, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-794-6718.
- Business license renewals, applications, and payments can be made at https://winters.hdlgov.com/ (a hyperlink with a button at the bottom of the City’s website)
- Utility payments can be at www.cityofwinters.org and click on either one time or returning customer portal buttons at the bottom of the home page.
- Payments can be made in a secure payment box in front of city hall, which is checked regularly.
Please visit our website at www.cityofwinters.org for other department and staff contact information.
Can’t find what or who you need from our website, please call the Main Line at 530-795-4910 and follow the prompts or press 0; a staff member will answer.
If you need to meet with staff, several options are available: Zoom meeting, outside, or by appointment.
Thank you for understanding the need to limit indoor COVID exposures for the public as well as our employees and their families. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions. We appreciate your patience.
Also, the WJUSD testing provider has had staffing shortages as well, which has affected the schedule. See this week’s WJUSD testing schedule in the box below. This is for rapid, antigen testing. Thank you, WJUSD, for offering this service!
Kathleen Salguero Trepa
City of Winters
P: (530) 794-6710