Friday Update on September 27 2019
A bunch of information for a busy couple of weeks:
City Council Agenda for October 1:
- Bus Sharing Agreement with the Hotel Winters
- March General Election
- Senior Commission Appointments
- Salmon Festival sound permit
- Traffic Engineering On call agreement
- GHG Analysis with Yolo County Region
- Subdivision Improvement Agreement- Stones Throw Phase II
- Utility Easement- Callahan Estates
- Community Dinner Seed Money.
Discussion Items will include:
- Fire Hydrant Distance Modifications from 15 feet to 5 feet
- Lease Agreement for the John Rodgers Building
- 2019 Planning Work Program
- Valley Clean Energy Membership
- Rotary Spooktacular 10k/5k/Fun Run on October 27, 2019
A presentation from the District Attorney’s Office on Elder Abuse will also be on the meeting. Get the entire City Council Agenda and Packet here https://www.cityofwinters.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019_1001CityCouncilPacket.pdf
A couple notes on things in the works:
- Staff participated in a meeting with Yolo County and Caltrans to discuss the environmental review for projects associated with a $250,000 SACOG Grant for the I505 overcrossing, Russell Blvd Pedestrian Improvements and the City’s Complete Streets Program along Grant Ave. A really productive meeting which was facilitated by Supervisor Don Saylor’s Office. Really good partnerships are occurring and Caltrans is an important part of all of it.
- The same meeting also discussed pedestrian concerns on Grant Ave in relation to WJUSD students crossing grant as well as other pedestrians.
- Staff met with folks from the State Housing and Community Development Department regarding our unsuccessful grant application for the construction of the Senior Center. In the application period, they received 15 construction project applications and only funded 1. In 2020, they will be combining 2019 and 2020 funds into a single “over the counter” application process which will favor “shovel ready” projects which will be more conducive to the Senior Center application. This is good news and we will pursue this opportunity with vigor!
- Staff participated in Yolo County Meetings on Homelessness, with the release of recommendations on streamlining and creating a more effective governance network for addressing this issue County-wide. Overall some really good stuff and the prospects for moving forward on what is becoming one of the biggest and most critical issues in California.
- The Planning Commission met regarding the Air BnB Ordinance and revised part of their recommendations which will be forwarded back to the City Council. We have a stellar group on the PC who come prepared and provide some insightful review and recommendations. A real business atmosphere with people who are representing the town well.
Saturday is the Carnitas/Festival de la Communidad starting at 4:00. A real family event with music, information, food and festival. A first class event for everyone!
See you there.