The City Council Meeting for October 15 will include:
- Public Hearing on Vacation Rental Ordinance
- Fire Hydrant Ordinance
- Community Choice Aggregation Ordinance
- Resolution requiring Planning Applications with Annexation to be approved by City Council
- Hotel Winters Pubic Improvements Acceptance
- On-Call Map Checking and Surveying Services
- Surplus Property Approval- Fire Truck
This week was full of Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS). A couple highlights:
- The key infrastructure for the City performed pretty well. There were no issues with water and sewer services which proceeded uninterrupted. We had an incident with one generator, but traffic services went without issues and overall execution was well done in our overall response.
- Downtown lost all power for almost 24 hours. The businesses get a gold medal for working together on refrigeration of food and overall collaboration.
- The City had Yolo OES in our staff meeting this morning and they will be using the efforts by our business community as a model for future business response in other communities. The use of a refrigeration trailer and the overall coordination get an A+ and will be used in future PSPS incidents.
- Kudo’s to the local PG&E folks who coordinate the local lines for getting the City with power. Our understanding is that it was the locals who re-routed circuitry to get most power on before 6 am and the balance of the City on by the evening. There is a lot to this and unquestionably, the women and men in the field who do all the work had our residents back on things. Lots of appreciation to those workers in an impossible situation for them.
This Sunday, October 13, Berryessa Brewing will celebrate their 8th Birthday Party at their location on 128. This is a highlight of the year for an incredible local business who have put us on the national beer making map! Help celebrate 8 years of production, 7 years of tap room fun! Doors open at noon sharp! A day of specialty beers, live music of Dead Winter Carpenters, Achilles Wheel, and The Casual Coalition with special guests! Climbing wall, food trucks and art booths make for a great day for the entire family! $20 in advance guarantees entry and comes with a 16oz double walled stainless steel souvenir cup. 10% of door proceeds are donated to Winters Schools Music Boosters. Tickets are available online via Eventbrite or cash only at the door while they last. Outside pouring stations and door charge are cash only so be sure to bring cash.
Lori and Chris Miller came to Winters with an incredible vision for brewing great locally crafted beers and they have more than set the standard for excellence in our community. Their creation of a destination business brings people from all over the west coast to sample award winning beers in an amazing location with a vibe which is second to none. They are a business which is very generous to our local organizations, sponsoring music, the arts and our local fire efforts to name a few.
Have a nice weekend and see you there.