Good morning, all. Please note that the Flex Alert has been extended through this evening. Rolling brown outs are possible if collectively consumers do not conserve sufficient power. Please be careful in this extreme heat.
The Flex Alert is in effect July 9-10, 4 -9 p.m. Consumers are strongly encouraged to conserve energy by:
- Setting thermostats to 78 degrees or higher, if health permits
- Avoiding using major appliances
- Turning off all unnecessary lights
- Consumers are also encouraged to use fans for cooling and unplug unused electrical items.
Prior to the Flex Alert taking effect and when solar energy is abundant, consumers are encouraged to take these steps to be comfortable and help grid operators balance electricity supply and demand:
- Pre-cool your home by lowering the thermostat
- If you need to use your major appliances, do it before the Flex Alert is in effect,
- when solar energy is plentiful
- Close window coverings to keep your home or apartment cool
- Charge electronic devices and electric vehicles so there’s no need to do it later, when solar generation is down