The City of Winters is currently accepting applications to fill one seat each on the Winters Senior Commission on Aging, Planning Commission, Climate Action Commission and Hispanic Advisory Commission. Please see below information regarding each commission. Applications can be delivered or mailed to the City Clerk at City Hall or sent electronically via email to email@example.com . The recruitment will run until February 24th or until all seats are filled.
|COMMISSION||# OF SEATS||TERM/TERMS END|
|Winters Senior Commission on Aging||1||6/1/2023|
|Winters Planning Commission||1||7/1/2025|
|Hispanic Advisory Commission||1||12/20/2025|
Winters Senior Commission on Aging
The Winters Senior Commission on Aging (the "Commission”) shall perform the following functions:
- Act as an advisory body to the City Council through the research, evaluation, and recommendations of grants and program proposals affecting the well-being of new or existing senior programs in the City of Winters.
- Work to define the unmet needs of Winters's senior citizens and identify ways to meet those needs.
- Explore improved standards of services to the aging and explore new services for the aging, through public and private resources.
- Act as an advisory body to the City Council regarding the design, programs, operation and maintenance of the proposed senior center, when completed, and until a similar task force is formed specifically for the senior center.
- Identify and keep current the Inventory of various activities and services available to seniors in Winters, both public and private.
- Disseminate information to seniors regarding the availability and uses of the various activities and services.
- Discuss and recommend appropriate action on all legislative and congressional bills that would affect senior citizens.
- Recommend and coordinate senior citizen programs and resources, including but not limited to transportation, health, and recreation.
Winters Planning Commission
The Planning Commission plays a central role in the planning process in three important ways. First, it acts as an advisory board to the main governing body on all planning and development issues. Second, the commission assures that the general plan is implemented by reviewing development applications on a case-by-case basis. Just as you build a building one brick at a time, you implement a community vision one project at a time. Third, the commission functions as the decision-making body for many proposals. However, any planning commission action can be appealed to the governing body, which can uphold the commission’s decision, overturn it, modify it, or send it back for further study.
The Planning Commission meets the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:30pm.
Hispanic Advisory Committee
The Hispanic Advisory Committee shall focus on issues of outreach to the Hispanic community, assist with extending city-wide activities into the Spanish-speaking community, and advise on improving communication, representation, motivation, and integration of the Hispanic population into the broader Winters community. HAC would continue to advise staff and Council on matters of interest to the Hispanic community, develop programming in service to the Hispanic community, help extend City programs and services into the Spanish-speaking community, and promote cultural awareness and appreciation for the Hispanic community and its contribution to Winters’ history, accomplishments, and pride. HAC would be comprised of seven members drawn from a broad cross-section of the residents and stakeholders interested in supporting the Hispanic community and advising staff and the Council on such matters.