City Manager’s Update (pdf)
December 9, 2022
Greetings, all. Last weekend’s holiday festivities were wonderful, and the tractor parade was phenomenal! Thank you to all involved!
Don’t Miss Out!
- Thursday, December 15, the Winters Senior Foundation is coordinating a holiday party at the Community Center, from 4:30 – 7:00 p.m. Live Music, no host bar. Tickets are $35. Please contact Joe Tramontana at 707-592-2721 or at email@example.com. A donated children’s gift will go to the Fire Department’s Gifts for Kids program.
- Winters Open Mic Night is a “monthly gathering of musicians, poets and creatives,” held the third Thursday of the month (December 15) at 13 Main Street, upstairs in the Opera House. Open to all!
- Friday, December 16, beginning at 5 p.m. is a community sing-along at the Rotary Park gazebo.
- Downtown Vision and Policy Plan Community Survey - The City is gathering input from the Winters community relating to the Downtown Vision and Policy Plan. We would like to hear from you on several topics involving the future of Downtown Winters, including parking, outdoor gathering/dining, weekend street closures, etc. There is an English version and Spanish version of the community survey. Please take the survey and help us spread the word! The Community Survey will be open until January 9, 2023. For more information, check out our Downtown Vision and Policy Plan webpage here.
- Last week the City issued a temporary certificate of occupancy clearing the Fairfield Inn to open; however, they are still working on some items and may not have opened yet. Keep referring those family and friends, though, as they should open any day!
- City Hall will close for the holidays, beginning Friday, December 23 – Monday, January 2nd. Please plan accordingly. Building inspections must be coordinated in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 794-6708.
Upcoming Council Meeting
Next Tuesday, December 13, the City Council will reorganize as the new council is seated. This will be the last meeting of 2022. The new Council will have its first meeting on January 10, 2023 (a special meeting since the January 3rd meeting is cancelled due to the holiday closure).
The Fire Department’s Gift for Kids program will support over 90 needy families in Winters this holiday season. A huge heartfelt thank you to the Fire Department staff and volunteers, their families and everyone who contributed funds and toys to help bring some added cheer to local families this holiday season. The Fire Department runs the program with the help of their own families to wrap all the gifts and coordinate with the families. One of the outstanding traits of the Winters community is how much and how often the people step up to support others.