City Manager’s Update (pdf)
October 7, 2022
Greetings, all. I’ll be on vacation next week so no Friday Update for October 14. Have a great week.
Don’t Miss Out!
- The Putah Creek Council needs your help! Tomorrow, Saturday 10/8, is Stewardship Volunteer Day at the Native Plant Nursery from 9:00 a.m. – 12 noon. Click here for more information.
- Winters Community Library is hosting a voter registration drive on Wednesday, October 12 from 1:15 – 3 p.m. Anyone turning 18 by November 8th, can pre-register to vote. For more information about where and how to register to vote, click here.
- The community is invited to attend a Winters City Council Candidates Forum on Thursday, October 13 from 6–8 p.m. in the Margaret Parsons Room at the Winters Community Library (708 Railroad Ave.) The open, in-person forum will also be live streamed and is hosted in collaboration by the Winters Express and Democracy Winters. All five candidates will be given an opportunity to answer questions curated from community submitted questions and topics of interest. The moderators will be Kate Laddish and Crystal Apilado.
- The Winters Police and Fire Departments are hosting the 2022 Winters Public Safety Festival on Saturday, October 15 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 700 Main Street. This FREE kid friendly event will be filled with games, free goodies, and special demonstrations from our emergency services agencies. We hope to see you all there!
- The Master Gardeners and Winters Friends of the Library are holding a plant sale on Saturday, October 15, from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. at the Winters Community Library Teaching Garden, 708 Railroad. Cash or check only, please.
- Free Covid tests are next to the side parking lot entrance of City Hall.
- Three Oaks Park is looking good! There are a few more trees to replace. The biggest hold up to enter the maintenance period is to correct an incorrectly installed sidewalk that does not meet ADA requirements, an issue that was identified several months ago.
- If you are interested in Nor Cal transportation planning and the Link21 Program to connect Northern California by light rail, click here for upcoming community meetings.
Upcoming Council Meeting
The next meeting will be October 18. The packet will be posted here on October 13. So far, the agenda is very light – several presentations, a fire grant approval, and a discussing regarding paseo park improvements.