06/04/2021 City Manager’s Update
City Manager’s Update (pdf)
June 4, 2021
- Yesterday, CalOSHA adopted revised workplace COVID-19 regulations, factoring in the rate of vaccinations. Those regulations are available here, and are under administrative law review. If approved, they will go into effect no later than June 15. Stay tuned for more information as we all figure out what this means….
JOBS! JOBS! JOBS!
- The City’s risk pool YCPARMIA is seeking a Fiscal Officer to responsible for full-cycle financial accounting and reporting functions for the agency. Compensation includes a competitive benefits package including CalPERS pension; the current salary of $69,654 - $84,665 is under review. The recruitment closes July 1. Please see more information here, and don’t be confused by the West Sacramento header; they are helping with the recruitment as Yolo County public agencies are members of YCPARMIA, and we all help each other in the Yolo Way.
- Yolo Works is hosting a virtual job fair on June 30 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For more information, please call (530) 666-2641 or visit yoloworks.com.
- Tell your students, Winters restaurants and businesses are hiring. Some are offering signing bonuses, flexible schedules and more. Have them reach out to their favorite stores and restaurants. They can help expand businesses while earning money and building resumes!
Don’t Miss Out!
- The Garage Sale of the Rich and Famous is Saturday, June 19, which brings lots of people to town for great deals and hidden treasures. What a great time to clean out the garage and the closet. Let Bruce Guelden know at (530) 795-4919 if you plan on participating.
- Mark your calendars for Tuesday, June 29. The developer for the Farmstead project on the North side of Grant across from E. Main will hold an evening Zoom workshop to present their concept for housing, park, and commercial space. Stay tuned for more information.
Did You Know?
- The pool opened for evening lap swim this week. More information is available at https://www.cityofwinters.org/swim-schedule/. Lane capacity has doubled. You must reserve a space and then can pay at the gate or use one of the new passes. Passes are also available at City Hall.
We are finalizing plans for the Winters Swim Team and swim lessons, which we hope to announce early next week through an eBlast. Once those programs are folded into the schedule and lifeguard certifications are completed, we’ll add in open recreation swim. Please note there will be changes to the open swim so that children 12 and under are accompanied by a sibling 16+ or an adult for safety reasons.
Upcoming Council Meeting
The City Council adopted the FY 21-22 budget Tuesday night, which should be posted to our website next week. The budget is now formatted in a new platform (OpenGov) for easy navigation and drill down. We are no longer producing a budget “book” as all the same information will be available and more accessible in this new electronic format.
The next Council meeting is June 15.
This week’s staff Woot! Woot! goes to Diana Tafolla for working so hard to organize our pool offerings this year, along with several new aquatic professional partners, Joedy Michael and Ricky Silva, and our new and returning pool staff. Together the team is pulling together new programs with best practices and swimmer safety in mind. While this year has been a transitional one in so many ways, we are very excited to begin to bring recreational programs and special events back.
And another Woot! Woot! goes out to the Winters community, and all the donors who generously donated to support so many hard working local nonprofits that support our community members. 98 Yolo nonprofits raised $1.5 million!!! A 15% increase from 2020 and a 75% increase from 2019. This last year was devastating to so many, and the generosity that sprang forth to help was tremendous. So hats off to you all.