Garbage Service & Recycling Information
Customer Service - 530-795-1201
- City of Winters - Waste Management Rates (Eff. 11/07/18) (pdf)
- City of Winters Recycler Newsletter Vol 5 Issue 1 (pdf)
- 2018-19 Waste Management Collection Schedule (pdf)
- Waste Management Residential Brochure-English (pdf)
- Waste Management Residential Brochure-Espanol (pdf)
- Waste Management Commercial Recycling Services Brochure (pdf)
- California Mandatory Commercial Recycling Laws (AB1826) (pdf)
- Waste Management Executed Contract (pdf)
- Yolo County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program(pdf)
- Waste Management Single Family Residential Service (external link)
- Please note Palm Fronds Leaves and Stumps are no longer acceptable as green waste.
Recycling Center at Town & Country Market (Parking Lot)
121 E. Grant Ave. 916-690-0666
Hours: Tuesday - Saturday
A Cardboard Recycling Bin is located off alleyway behind mid-block pocket park on Main Street.
Rechargeable & Non-Rechargeable Batteries of all kinds can be disposed of safely at City Hall in containers at City Hall, 318 First Street.
Mandatory Commercial Recycling is Here!
Starting July 1, 2012, it will be mandatory for most businesses and multi-family to recycle!
Business & Multi-Family Property Recycling
In October 2011, the governor signed AB 341, which requires the following to arrange for recycling services by July 1, 2012: (1) any business that generates 4 cubic yards or more of waste per week, and (2) multi-family properties with 5 or more units.
If you would like more information to determine if your business or property meets these thresholds or if you would like to arrange for recycling services, contact Waste Management (WM) customer service at 800-374-4778.
Recycling services are included as part of the City’s contract with WM so there will be no extra charges to add recycling services to your account. In fact, you may be able to save money on your bill by reducing your garbage services with the addition of recycling services.
Recycling is good business - Businesses and multi-family properties that reduce waste are regarded more favorably by customers, the public and their own employees. When they reduce waste, they motivate people and other businesses and properties to do the same.
Contact Information: Waste Management – Customer Service & Billing: 800-374-4778
City of Winters – Conservation Coordinator: 795-4910 ext. 115 Email: email@example.com
Yolo County – Central Landfill: (530) 666-8729
Yolo County – Business Hazardous Waste Program: (530) 666-8856