- Backflow Test Form
- Construction Water Meters Installation
- Encroachment Permit Application
- Construction & Demolition Waste Recycling
- Master Approved Street Tree List
- Transportation Permit (Oversized Equipment)
- Tree Rebate Form & Planting Guide
- Tree Removal Policy, Form & Historical Tree List
- Water Meter Installation Request
- Water Meter Installation Requirements from City of Winters Municipal Code
- Water Shut-Off Form - Service Action Sheet
- 2016 Water Quality Report
- 2015 Water Quality Report
- 2014 Water Quality Report
- 2013 Water Quality Report
- 2012 Water Quality Report
- 2011 Water Quality Report
- 2010 Water Quality Report
- 2009 Water Quality Report
- Moody Slough Drainage Report
- Moody Slough Drainage Cost Allocation Report
- Putah Creek - Dry Creek Sub basins Drainage Reports
- Sewer Collection Master Plan
- Water Master Plan
- Improvement Standards
- Standard Construction Specifications
- Sewer System Management Plan Document 4/23/10
Residential Water and Sewer Rates
The City Council approved new water rates that started Jan. 1, 2015. For a typical home with a 3/4” meter, the charge is a fixed service fee of $20.03 plus $1.96 per unit. Each unit is 100 cubic feet, or 748 gallons.
For example, if you used 22,435 gallons in between May 22 and June 21 of 2017, that would be 29 units. The water part of the bill you receive in the first week of July would be $20.03 plus $1.96 times 29. The total for the water part of the bill would be $20.03+$56.84, or $76.87.
For sewer rates, the City takes the three lowest water-use months of the winter season, and uses the average use as a basis for the sewer rate the following year. The rate is a fixed monthly fee of $45.00 plus $1.62 times lowest water use average from the previous year. The sewer charge is the same every month throughout the calendar year.
For example, let us say your lowest three months of water use were December 2016, January 2017 and March of 2017, and the average water use of those months is five units. In this example, you would be charged $45 plus five times $1.62 each month in 2018.The monthly sewer charge would be $53.25, every month of 2018.
We can help reduce water use. The City can:
• Monitor your water use weekly and let you know how you’re doing
• Provide a graph of your hourly water use for any period up to 3 months
• Provide a reduction in your bill if it is high because of a leak that you repaired. This does not include swimming pools and the homeowner needs to show evidence of an actual repair job. Limit one per year.