In preparation for the planned power shut off, the City has implemented as follows:
- Here is a map of the area affected by the Public Safety Power Shutdown https://yolo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=5951a87cddb84b3ab684014dc3dd5456/
- We do NOT foresee any issues with either Water or Sewer Services. We have backup generators which will power the City facilities which we expect to run normally.
- The City is working with the Yolo Office of Emergency Services and PG&E for a “Community Resource Center” (CRC) to be located in town. These are air conditioned locations where people can also power up their devices and get a little power. Stay tuned for a confirmed location which will be in town
- For residents who live in the country areas around the City (Golden Bear, Positas, Yolo and Solano County Areas) we will have a fire hydrant at the corner of Valley Oak and 128 with a hose for folks to get water. For residents in Golden Bear and the flatter area, Winters Fire will offer water deliver for folks with large animals. Go to this Google document to make a reservation https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSexQRkxsWFGg-H0JVEZ5rqh34QcoCJsemn_zhnJ4geMpIzc9g/viewform?usp=pp_url
- No water deliveries will be available to Positas or Solano County but those residents can get water at the Valley Oak/128 location.
- City Hall will relocate our operations to the Public Safety Facility, 700 Main Street beginning at 10:00 a.m. on October 9. Building Permit pick up and utility bill drop off will be available. For those just dropping off bill payment, the City Hall drop box is still available.
Thanks and stay tuned.
John W. Donlevy, Jr., City Manager