This is the Thanksgiving Edition because I do not send one over the holiday.
Real brief points:
- PG&E GOTTC permit application is in.
- Downtown Hotel continues to grade and is looking good. We expect plans in the next few weeks.
- Winters Ranch has 21 permits and probably wants more. That project is looking really good!
- Yolo Credit Union plans for Grant Ave are in for plan check and permits!
- Putah Creek Car Bridge opening has been delayed until December 3. I made the call on this with the bridge team to simply allow for the project to get done quicker. Safety, quality and efficiency all played critical roles in the decision to just allow them to work on the project through the holiday.
- The brick work (most) and paving are completed on the car bridge and it looks great. They still have quite a bit of work to complete in front of the Community Center, but there is considerable progress.
- The City has updated our website. There are still a number of things to be added and corrected. The information is there, we just need to work out some bugs!
Key projects to watch in 2016:
- PG&E Gas Operations Technical Training Center
- Winters Ranch Subdivision
- Downtown Hotel.
- Yolo Credit Union
- Walnut Park
- Walnut Lane/Grant Ave Roundabout
- Freeway Projects
- Much much more…….
There is sooo much to be thankful for during this holiday season.
Mostly, I am grateful for the wonderful community we live in! Winters is a little dysfunctional sometimes and we fight like extended family, but the reality is that we are a safe, vibrant town with nice neighbors and a lot of kindness and good will. We are all truly blessed!
I wish you an incredible Thanksgiving. ~ John