A couple items this week:
· The slab is 2/3 poured for the Downtown Hotel with the final pour scheduled for Monday. Good news and things are proceeding on this project.
· Winters Fire returned this week from a ten day deployment to fires throughout the State. They went to the Topaz near Tahoe and the Mission Fire near Fresno. Our staff works really hard on these incidents and does amazing things to help people. They represent our community really well where ever they go.
· The cabinet with the controller for the Grant/Main Traffic Signal is ready for pick up and we may see the signal working before the end of the month. This project has been a roller coaster going from behind schedule, significant delays to now way ahead of schedule. Good news!
· The draft report and recommendations from the consultant on the Downtown Parking Study is due next week. Staff is doing the final parking survey today and data will be to the consultant for the initial draft.
· The Wooden Playground at City Park is but a huge pile of lumber. We have preserved some elements of the structure for future re-use. Kudos to the Public Works crew for some really hard work. For a structure that was “falling down”, it was a tank to try and take apart.
· Project Playground is on their push for volunteers for the re-build October 10-15. They have 3 shifts each day from 7:30 am- Noon, 12-5 and 5-9 pm. To sign up, go here http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0c4fa5aa23a4f49-build
Have a nice weekend.