A really short update but some good stuff.
- Staff met with representatives for the Downtown Hotel. They are shooting for an opening around the start of summer. They are developing their website and marketing materials which should be available before the first of the year. Frankly, it was the most positive meeting we have had on the project in the past few months.
- As inspections are commencing, the hotel is starting to become very real. Some members of the City team have been onto the roof top bar which has some amazing views of the Creek, hills and the amazing farmland which surrounds us. Many of us can hardly wait for the project to open.
- A good job by Winters Fire this week for the fire in Putah Creek. The good news is that it cleared out a lot of debris which will benefit the creek during the winter. The bad news was the loss of an excavator and an entire day of smoke enveloping the City.
- A busy City Council Meeting. The City Council approved moving forward with an App for the City, gave direction regarding scheduling sessions for Strategic Planning and had a very positive discussion on some general plan stuff. Overall, a good meeting.
- Planning Commission Meeting on Tuesday will include the City’s Circulation Element, Food Trucks and an update to the City’s Emergency Plan Multi Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- A nice presentation on recommendations for Senior Services. To get a copy of the Winters Senior Resources Guide click HERE.
- For people interested in getting an update on the City’s General Plan, go to HERE.
- The WintersJUSD will be having a visioning workshop at Shirley Rominger Intermediate School next Thursday, October 25, 2018 beginning at 6:00.
Have a nice weekend.