A couple items this week:
- The Second Annual Winters Salmon Festival will be held this Saturday, November 4 from 11:00 to 4:00 at Rotary Park in Downtown. The first of the fall run salmon are making their way up Putah Creek and it is time to celebrate! Lot’s of activities and information are planned for the entire family. For more information, go to http://www.cityofwinters.org/winters-salmon-festival/
- November 11 is the Shrimp Feed at the Winters Fire Department. For Tickets, go to Wintersfire.org
- The November 7 City Council Meeting will include the following:
- Amendment to West Yost Agreement No. 027-17 for WWTF Influent Screen Design
- Final Acceptance of Public Improvements for Hudson/Ogando Subdivision (Winters Ranch)
- Adoption of Yolo Local Government Accountability and Transparency Program Statement
- Public Hearing and Consideration of Zoning Code Amendments to Prohibit Outdoor Cultivation of Marijuana and Commercial Marijuana Uses
- Capital Improvement Program Overview – Programs and Funding
- Designation of City Council Members to Zoning Code Update Subcommittee
- Consideration of Amendment to City Manager Employment Agreement
- The Main/Grant Signal went through the preliminary to the final inspection by Caltrans on Thursday. A couple items need to be fixed over the next week, then it will be activated. Caltrans policy is that a new signal can only be activated Tues-Thurs, so it will be turned on either next week or the week after. Cross your fingers.
- Starbucks is working through some issues with PG&E to get power and gas service into their location. This is causing some delays which could last well into December and probably not before Christmas!! Evidently the fires in Napa and Sonoma have required the relocation of personnel which is delaying many projects.
- The City’s Wastewater Division will begin the cleaning of our sewer and storm drain lines next week. Look for the personnel throughout the town for the next month.
- The community garden at Walnut Park will start this Saturday, November 4 beginning at 8:00. This will be a wonderful addition to the park and an incredible resource for the folks living in the neighborhood.
- Staff is working on a proposal to seek the development which will create housing opportunities for teachers and other young professionals looking to move into Winters.
Saturday is the Winters AYSO Regional Soccer Tournament for the U10 and U12 divisions. Look for a lot of excitement and action at Waggoner School.
Have a nice weekend.