A couple items this week:
· City Council Meeting will include the Project Acceptance for the Starbucks right of way improvements, Housing Element Progress Report, Olive Grove Subdivision Map Approval, a Fire Department Presentation, Recognition of Gwen Pisani as a State-wide Woman of Distinction and an Update on the General Plan Update.
· The Callahan Estates Subdivision Builder, Crowne Communities submitted 11 plan models for plan check in the Building Department. They are getting ready for construction once we pass winter.
· Staff is working diligently on the undergrounding of the utilities in Newt’s Expressway which service the north side of Main Street in Downtown. The project will include the formation of an assessment district for the Downtown property owners to do some needed utility upgrades for their buildings. This is a significant development and hopefully something the property owners will take advantage of.
· Winters Police had a VERY successful “range day” this week. All reports say that it was a good week of training and coordination for the Department.
· The dedication of the Playground at City Park has been moved to May 17, 2018. The time is from 3:00 to 5:30.
· Things are looking up on the Downtown Hotel. The second story is rapidly rising. The mass of the structure will soon become evident to folks as the third story and the parapet walls take shape.
· Staff has received interest in the construction of a skilled nursing facility in town!
Happy St. Patricks Day!