An update on some key items:
- Joint Workshop with the Planning Commission on Community Engagement (Discussion Item)
- Memorandums of Understanding- Police and Fire
- Drainage Impact Fee and Accessory Dwelling Unit Fees Consulting Agreement
- Amendment to Teacher/Public Safety Mortgage Loan Program
- Public Improvement Agreement- Fairfield Inn
- Emergency Generator and Lighting Project- El Rio Villa
A couple other updates:
- Congratulations to Winters Police Sergeants Kelly McCoy and Jose Hermosillo on achieving milestones in service. Jose hit the 6 year service mark!
- The construction team for the Blue Mountain Terrace Apartments are beginning their move in on the site. They will utilize the future Senior Center property as a staging area for the construction of the project.
- Staff is working on the draft of the RFP for the 2021-29 Housing Element. The plan is to put the Request for Proposals out in February and have someone on board by April.
- The State Department of Housing and Community Development has notified staff of a preliminary approval of our SB2 Planning Grant. The next stage is they are moving it up the chain to the next level. We will see!
- Staff met with the architect team for first two phases of Three Oaks Park. This is the 11 acre linear park to be constructed in the Stones Throw subdivision. The first phases will include picnic areas, playgrounds, a combination basketball/futsal court and two dog (small and large dog) dog parks. Look for construction to occur over the summer with a goal of completion by September or October.
- Overall housing production in the City was below projections for 2019. Original estimates were 78 units but actual certificates of occupancy were 44, about half of the projection.
- Congratulations to the Hotel Winters on an amazing “Grand Opening”. Extremely well done and a celebration worth waiting for, the hotel is beautiful!
- Look for Carboni’s Restaurant to open toward the end of January/start of February. They are hiring and need staff. Go here for job opportunities https://www.olshotels.com/careers?fbclid=IwAR2XDpgZtrdH174IO4GU6MnxsrXNBvD3rQP1UkS83XdpvQT4w5XrTAhAuDE . Navigate to page 9 of the opportunities and the Winters jobs come up.
Workshop on How to do Community Engagement- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 at 6:30 p.m.
In 2020 and 2021, we will be working on a number of key planning effforts including the City’s Housing Element, SB 2 funded projects, the development of a Climate Action Plan and a City limits specific plan. The goal of the January 21 workshop is to begin the development of a community outreach and engagement strategy to help facilitate a broad crossection of community input into these important subjects.
This Joint Workshop of the City Council and the Planning Commission is to focus on the development of a Community Engagement Stratgy for the City of Winters. The workshop will NOT include or focus on any specific issues or topics other than community engagement.
We will be covering many issues over the next few years including our Housing Element, Climate Action Plan, SB 2 Planning Topics and a City Limits Specific Plan. THIS IS NOT THAT MEETING! This is an opportunity for us to get input on outreach and engagement before we begin anything specific on any topics. This is foundational and a chance for us to begin the groundwork for how we will get input on the bigger issues. How we outreach and communicate is a critical component, so we are starting now by trying to get input up front on the how we do it.
Some specifics on the goals of the meeting:
- Why and the purpose of this meeting: To gain input on key questions which will contribute to the development of an overall community engagement plan for the City of Winters.
- Tasks Planned: A facilitated list of questions which will allow participants to provide input on aspects of the plan.
- Who is invited and How can people participation: Any interested persons are invited and people can participate either in person, on Facebook Live or through a Google Docs Form which will be posted both before and after the meeting.
- Translation: All questions will be in english and spanish in person on the Facebook Live feed and on the Google Docs Form.
- Input: This is a workshop and we will be summarizing and consolidating responses as best we can. Similar will be counted as same in some instances.
The workshop will include the following elements:
- A series of questions posed to participants and attendees to gain input on elements of the strategy.
- A smart phone polling feature which will allow people to submit responses to the posed questions. For those who do not wish to use the smart phone, 3X5 cards will be available.
- Streaming on Facebook Live to allow people to watch the workshop and submit responses to the same questions.
- A Google Docs Form will be developed and pushed on social media for responses from persons not at the meeting.
To watch the City Council Meeting on our Youtube Channel, go here: http://www.cityofwinters.org/live-city-council-meetings/
To join the meeting on Facebook Live, go here: https://www.facebook.com/City-of-Winters-CA-106291445827/