A super busy week but really quiet:
- City Council agenda for January 16 includes a number of items including Flood Safety Planning, Putah Creek Phase 3, Electric Car Charging Stations, Call for the Consolidated Election in June, Building Inspection Services Contracts, Animal Services and Crossing Guards.
- Also on the Agenda is a swearing in ceremony for new Sergeant Kelly McCoy, recognition for outgoing Sergeant Kelly Schroeder, a presentation by Police Chaplain Robert Duvall and a Senior Services Update.
- The Winters History Committee will also be at the meeting to discuss their vision for a Winters Museum. Past Mayor Woody Fridae will return to talk about a very ambitious concept to keep the History of Winters alive!
- Look for upcoming announcements regarding the Downtown Parking Study and Report. We are working to reschedule the cancelled December meeting. This meeting will be a joint workshop with the City Council and Planning Commission along with the members of the Parking Committee.
- Look for the Economic Development Committee to be re-established and operating in February!
- January 1 kicked off a year long Interim Fire Chief Program which will allow our current captains to serve in four (4) month rotations as Interim Fire Chief. This is meant as a professional development program for the leadership of Winters Fire. In the past two weeks, it has proven to be one of the best decisions I have made as City Manager in Winters. The leadership throughout the organization is blossoming and we can expect some amazing results throughout the organization!
- Congratulations to Chief Brad Lopez who will serve as Chief through April.
- If you are on Facebook, hopefully you are following all three of our social network sites- City of Winters, Winters Fire and Winters Police. We really work to be informative and include pertinent information. Special recognition to CSO Gail Jimenez from our Winters Police Department who does an amazing job with the site. Really good stuff.
Have a nice weekend.