A little more detail this week:
· The April 18 City Council has a lot of business items this week. On the Agenda, we have the Walnut/Grant Roundabout Bid, the purchase of a vehicle for Public Works, permit for the June 23-24 Guitarfest Festival, Caltrans Agreement for the Roundabout, a lease with Martinez Orchards for the use of WWTF land, sale of property for the Downtown Hotel, Youth Day Parade Permit and money for the Senior Foundation use of the Community Center, swearing in of a new reserve Police Officer and consideration of a proclamation of Community Values and Affirmations of the type of place Winters is. See the entire packet by clicking HERE.
· Staff has made inroads with PG&E regarding the undergrounding of the poles in the “Newt’s Expressway” alley behind the north side of Main Street. We have found a funding source and are working on a strategy to get the utlility lines undergrounded. It will take a little time, but we have advanced the project a bit.
· The bid for the Roundabout Project at Grant/Walnut will go to bid on Wednesday. Light a candle in church this weekend for the project to come in near budget!
· The Notice to Proceed has been issued for the Grant/Main Traffic Signal and we will hopefully see things start moving on the project in May.
· All the civil plans are in for the projects at the freeway which will include the remodel and expansion of the Chevron, Fairfield Inn and Suites and Starbucks. The plan check for the Starbucks has been completed and we are told that they want to be open by the end of the summer.
· Look for construction activity to get really busy in front of the PG&E Gas Training Facility. There is some pretty intensive work which will need to occur in the roadway and expect some delays at times.
· The Winters Ranch Subdivision has really turned out to be an incredible addition to Winters. The first occupancy of the two story (smaller models) should be soon. Overall, the project really looks GREAT!
· Mariani Nut has a significant expansion of their Buckeye Processing Facility. Approximately 250,000 sf of storage, office, shop and processing is at the County. Yolo County is the easiest place to do business anywhere. According to their planning folks, the Mariani Expansion only requires a ministerial permit (over the counter).
· Congratulations to the Hispanic Advisory Committee on their Immigration Forum. To see the entire forum, go to the City’s Facebook. A HUGE success for the Committee with some really good information.
· The Parking Committee will be holding a community meeting on Wednesday, May 3 from 6:30 to 8:30 at the Public Safety Facility at 700 Main Street. Lots of information and a chance for input.
· Good news from the State Legislature which the passage of Highway and Road Funding to fix streets and highways. The City will see the doubling of our road funds to a little over $400k per year which will provide money to do some maintenance on our streets. Big kudos to both Assemblywoman Extraordinaire Cecilia Curry and Senator Bill Dodd (who was an original author of the legislation). Anyone who has driven our highways and then gone to another state can attest that there is a huge difference between driving the wonderful highways and then coming back into California where our roads are completely trashed. Good for California!
· The Winters PTA will hold their Third Annual “Spring into Action” Fitness Festival and Fundraiser on Friday, April 21, 2017 at Dr Sellers Field at Winters High from 6-8! Dance, walk, run, hop or skip to beats of DJ Marcus as we raise money for PTA. It’s super easy to participate – and attendance is FREE! PTA is challenging Waggoner and Rominger students to get family, communities and friends to sponsor them. $15 in pledges will earn them a super cool “Spring into Action” T-shirt; adults shirts are $20. All of the money we raise goes toward our annual efforts to enrich our young people through educational activities, experience and community. In addition, Project Playground will be selling Buckhorn tri-tip sandwiches to benefit their efforts. To get more details about the fitness fundraiser and how you can support Winters Combined PTA, please visit us at our website, www.winterspta.org, Facebook at winters Combined PTA, or feel free to contact Winters PTA at firstname.lastname@example.org. Dust off your sneakers and we look forward to seeing you moving your body for the students of Winters.
Finally, for those of a religious persuasion, this weekend is one to celebrate either resurrection or liberation. A very happy Easter and Passover to all.
...the National Weather Service In Hanford Has Issued A Flood Warning For The Following Rivers In California... Merced River At Pohono Bridge .snow Melt Due To Warming Temperatures Will Produce Increased River Rises Along The Merced River For The Next Few Days. Forecasts Are Based On Present And Forecasted Meteorological And ...Read More.
Effective: May 28, 2017 at 8:40amExpires: May 30, 2017 at 12:00amTarget Area: Mariposa