A couple items:
· We have gotten a number of inquiries on issues regarding Highway 128 design elements and what types of planning has occurred for the area. Since 2010, a lot of work has gone into what is going on along the Grant Avenue Corridor. The roadway is governed by a comprehensive planning document called the “Complete Streets Plan” click HERE for a link. The entire area is governed by the Grant Avenue Design Guidelines click HERE to check those out.
· To get information on all of the major projects happening in Winters, click HERE to go to our major projects page on our website. It is really impressive!!!
· City Council Agenda for Tuesday has a bunch of items including Marijuana, Blue Mountain Terrace Apartment Funding, a Water Fountain for Downtown, Engineering Services RFQ, Waste Management Contract, a Senior Tranisit Grant Proposal, a Public Improvement Agreement for the Yolo Federal Credit Union Project, the Swearing in of a new Police Officer and Recognition of Nanci Mills for 30 years of service.
· The Waste Management Proposal includes a recommended change to our green waste program, The plan calls for containerized green waste two weeks out of the month and street pick-up once a month. Residents can get 2- 96 gallon containers at the price for one at the beginning rate.
· A big congratulations to Yolo Credit Union on their groundbreaking. A nice ceremony for an important project which has been in the works for years!
· The Winters High School Girls Varsity Soccer will go for their third consecutive Northern Setion Soccer Championship this Saturday at Pierce High School in Arbuckle starting at 12:00. An easy drive to root on our Lady Warriors to victory!
The City Council will be recognizing Director of Administrative Services and City Clerk Nanci Mills at the meeting this Tuesday for 30 years of service to the City of Winters. This will be a very well deserved recognition for someone who has been a very important part of the City for all these years.
I often describe Nanci as the “cornerstone” of our organization. She has coordinated everything from our personnel and risk management operations to recreation, After School Programs and is a key part of the overall management team. She has worked for 4 different City Managers and 30 years of City Councilmembers, Treasurers, Planning Commissioners and others. Her role in the planning and stability of the City is second to none. She serves as “Acting City Manager” when I am away and is someone who can be counted on for watching after the best interest of the City always.
Nanci and Dave Mills have raised their kids here in Winters, Dave has his real estate business here, and both were active in all facets of the town from AYSO Soccer to the Chamber, Rotary, our ag economy and many other activities. Dave and Nanci were the organizers for the Rotary Wine and Food Jubilee for years and helped generate the funds which created the Winters Rotary Foundation. Their generosity and contributions are un-paralleld.
Most of all, Nanci is without question an incredible representative for Winters throughout the region and within the City. She represents us on many boards and committees and is the consummate professional. At City Hall, she has been the core at bringing outstanding customer service to our residents and a genuinely kind heart when people come looking for assistance.
A big congratulations to Nanci for 30 years. The City is blessed to have her service and hope she will stick around for another 30 more!! J
Have a nice weekend.
John W. Donlevy, Jr., City Manager
City of Winters
318 First Street
Winters, CA 95694
(530) 794-6710 (direct line)
(530) 795-4935 Fax