· The City Council Meeting for next week will have the Second Reading of the Ordinance regarding interest rates on affordable housing loans, Coffee Festival Street Closure, Additional funding for Roundabout Design and Well 9 Test Drilling and a support letter for the Phase III Creek Project.
· Things are moving on the Marriot Hotel Project to be built at the 505. Today I signed an interim agreement regarding conditions for the project which will facilitate the first aspects of the project which will bring the Marriot, Expansion of the Chevron and a Starbucks.
· The Parking Committee has their data completed and we are scheduling workshops for the coming months. Stay tuned.
· Winters resident and Parking Committee member Peter Hunter has really stepped up in regards to the data analysis on the parking count data. Some of the preliminary information is absolutely spectacular and well done. Peter is a really important member of the Committee and is really contributing a lot.
· The Winters Senior Foundation will be hosting a free Senior Soup Luncheon at the St. Anthony’s Parish Hall on February 28, 2017 from 12-2. Highlights will be soups made by Mayor Wade Cowan, Nancy Mills, Councilmember Jesse Loren and Tracy Jensen. Vegetarian option will be available. Drawings for miscellaneous prizes including handmade soup bowls by Jerry Lowden
· Steady Eddies will be hosting the first annual Coffee Festival in Downtown Winters on Saturday March 11. Flyers and vendor information are attached –Coffee Festival Flier (pdf) – Coffee Festival Vendor App (pdf)
Finally, HUGE kudos to Yolo County and the City of Woodland for leaping into action to open the Yolo County Fairgrounds for those evacuated from Butte County and Yuba City as a result of the issues with the Oroville Dam Spillway. The leadership for both the City and County opened the shelter and through the use of volunteers and donations hosted hundreds of people for two days. An amazing story and something which is very representative of the “can do” spirit of Yolo County!
No Friday Update on February 24.