As an FYI, I do not send a Friday Update the week of Thanksgiving and the week following. This is because the email goes to LOTS of people and the email server and my email gets literally flooded with “Out of Office” replies which takes an effort to clear. Thus no update!
Strategic Planning Workshops
The City of Winters is holding a series of Strategic Planning Workshops which are open to all members of the Winters Community to attend and participate. The workshops are topical and include working to establish priorities on key issues which will fold into an overall Strategic Plan for the City to focus on.
The dates and topics are as follows:
- November 14, 2018- Infrastructure (Water, Wastewater, Streets, etc)- This discussion centered on current and future infrastructure needs and impending demands. This workshop included discussions on streets, water wells, wastewater expansion and the threat of enhanced discharge requirements, ADA improvements and the potential work needed for the former City landfill site.
- December 12, 2018- Public Safety (Fire, Police, Animal Services)- This coming Wednesday will focus on presentations from both Police and Fire regarding current and future issues in public safety. The discussion will surround staffing, the realities of new laws and expectations along with the needs of a future Winters. The session will also include an update on Animal Services.
- January 23, 2019- Planning and Economic Development- This session will focus on the release of the recommendations from the Economic Development Advisory Committee along with a discussion on the planning of the north area of the City’s current general plan.
- February 6, 2019- Community Facilities and Services (parks, facilities and services)- This will be the workshop to be a chance to begin establishing priorities for parks and future community facilities and services. From Seniors to youth, parks to theatres, this will be an opportunity to begin formulating those big picture wants and needs for the City.
- February 27, 2019- City Organization and Structure (succession planning)- This session will focus what the City organization will look like in the near and longer term future. As the City plans its future, it will need to determine what the overall organization will look like to provide and maintain services to the community.
- March 22-23, 2019- Two all day Strategic Planning Workshop (9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)- This will be the culmination of the workshops. Day 1 will invite all of the previous participants and groups to a day long session to discuss and help strategize on the highest priorities of the City moving forward. Day 2 will be a chance for the City Council to provide direction to City Staff on the formulation of an action plan to move things forward.
The culmination of the work will be a facilitated workshop on March 22-23 which will help take the many issues and help develop the overall Strategic Plan which will be for the next 10-20 years.
All workshops will be held at the Winters Public Safety Facility (700 Main Street) in the EOC Training Room from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact John.Donlevy@cityofwinters.org