Just a couple reminders and opportunities for participation………..
· For those interested in Cannabis, there will be a Forum with Yolo County Staff and Supervisor Don Saylor at City Hall on Wednesday, December 6 from 6-8 in our meeting room next to the City Council Chamber. An opportunity to come hear what is happening on the County level and to provide input.
· The Winters Downtown Parking Committee will be hosting a joint meeting of the City Council and Planning Commission on Thursday, December 7 from 6-8 at City Hall to review the recommendations presented by the consultant for the Downtown Parking Master Plan.
· This week has been a major push toward completing the major construction elements of the project. Thursday and Friday have seen the pour of the center section of the roundabout, including the installation of reinforcing steel and concrete. As of this writing, the concrete has been completed and finishing has commenced.
· Concurrently, the grinding of the roadway is also underway and paving of new asphalt will occur on wednesday next week. Decorative street lights have been installed and we are awaiting PG&E to complete services.
· From a project management standpoint, we are thrilled with the progress made this week. To see the project just drive easbound from Railroad Ave (expect delays during the daytime).
· Detours for the Grant/Walnut Lane Construction will continue through the weekend and into next week to help expedite the opening of the roadway. Paving will occur next Wednesday and opening will occur soon after.
· All are is invited to a free flu shot clinic Monday, December 4 from 3pm to 6pm at the Community Center, 201 Railroad Avenue in Winters. Everyone can benefit from a flu shot to prevent the illness that can lead to missed work or missed school days. Prevention is especially important for young children and older adults. Minimum age for this shot clinic is 4 years old.
· The fourth annual Tractor Parade and Xmas Tree Lighting will happen Downtown on Saturday night. The parade starts at City Park beginning at 6:30. Best advice is to walk and get into town early!! This years event is going to be AMAZING!!
Have a nice weekend!