A couple items;
- Yesterday, Royal Guest held a ceremonial groundbreaking for the Downtown Hotel Winters. A nice turnout with a number of the key investors in the project coming to town. In talking with their team, actual construction will most likely begin at the start of June.
- Look for the Main/Grant Traffic Signal Project to begin moving in over the next few weeks. Timing is perfect for the project and hopefully it will be completed by the time school begins in August.
- The Newt’s Expressway Alley behind Main Street received authorization at the City Council Meeting. This will include the replacement of the water and storm drain lines. The plan will not include a re-paving of the alley until after the construction of the hotel. A rough road for a while.
- Kudo’s to Winters Police and Fire for their work on a horrific crash on Saturday night at Railroad and Grant. The scene was absolutely ugly and the response to save the life of the most critical victim was amazing! Our public safety personnel see people on their worst days, and this was certainly that for the individuals in that crash.
- The earthwork for the Stone’s Throw (formerly Winters Highlands) Project will begin the week of May 15.
- The City is accepting applications for the Planning Commission. Click HERE for more information.
- Congratulations to Project Playground on a successful “Party in the Park”. An absolutely wonderful event for an incredible community project!
- Soccer Registration is online this year. Go to Wintersayso.org to register players, coaches and volunteers.
- The Winters Garage Sale in on May 13 from 7-Noon along Main Street and streets within the core area of town. This year’s themes are “the best stuff ever” and “Let’s Make Garage Sales Great Again”. A wonderful opportunity to get great bargains, purchase stuff you really don’t need and see your friends selling those cherished possessions only they really appreciate.
Have a great week,