A couple items:
- The Building Permitting Process will be a big focus on the September 4 City Council Meeting. Staff is working on a process for one day permitting for an extensive array of permits which will allow applicants and contractors to streamline the process for ease of application. The one day process will include both residential and commercial interior improvements, shade structures and minor additions, as well as photovoltaic systems. The Building Department is also looking online permitting as an option. Look for an extensive review in the agenda and at the meeting.
- September 4 will have a presentation from the Yolo Emergency Medical Services Agency with a Winters resident who was resuscitated in a recent medical aid by Winters Fire, Police and AMR Ambulance. This will be an amazing event!
- Looks like the Winters Healtcare Facility and Campus on Grant Ave will begin construction around October 1. This will be an amazing addition to our community.
- The Police Department will begin a warning system for RV’s and camping trailers beginning next week. As summer slips away, so should the campers to the storage yards and out of the streets.
- The City’s Human Resources Office will be focusing on professional development programs for all City Staff. This will include thorough training program audits for staff, along with projections for required training over each fiscal year.
Have a nice weekend.