Crazy busy at City Hall on a number of fronts:
· Tomorrow is a day of service for a variety of volunteer projects in town. Things start at X and you can go to Y to help in a variety of projects including creek planting, work with the red cross and painting. Contact Mark Tippetts who is coordinating the volunteer day by clicking HERE.
· The BIG news is that we should start seeing construction and movement on the Downtown Winters Hotel in the next few weeks. The developer was in City Hall with final paperwork to get things going. The Winters Hotel has been an extremely high priority for the City and it is nice to see things beginning to move.
· The City Council Meeting has a couple key items including discussion on the City Budget, a presentation on an update to the City’s Wastewater Treatment Facility Master Plan, a revision to the Callahan Sudbdivision Development Agreement and selection of City Councilmembers to sit on the interview panel for the new police chief.
· The Police Chief Interviews will be held the week of June 6 and will consist of a panel made up of key City Staff and a panel made up of community members. Both panels will interview the candidates and make recommendations of the top 2-3 for me to interview and select. We have narrowed the search to 6 candidates and I can tell you we have some really good one’s!
· Our Design Review Committee met to do a preliminary review of a project at the freeway which will include a new Chevron (replacing the current one), Starbucks and a Marriot Fairfield Inn. The plans look nice and we expect to see the projects before the Planning Commission this summer.
· Staff, members of the Parking Committee and a number of Downtown property owners met to talk about funding for a parking consultant. The meeting was really good and we are moving a couple things forward.
The Friday Update will be on a hiatus for the next two Fridays!
Have a nice weekend,