Downtown Parking Workshop – December 7, 2017
A joint meeting of the City Council and Planning Commission will be held on Thursday, December 7 at 6:00 p.m. at City Hall to review the recommendations of the parking consultants who have been working with the Downtown Parking Committee on recommendations which will lead to a downtown parking master plan.
Some of the key recommendations include:
- Formation of a Downtown Business Association to manage parking.
- Designated employee parking areas.
- Downtown Financing District to fund future parking lots.
- Revised parking standards in zoning requirements.
- Improved striping and lighting.
- Timed parking and enforcement.
- Signage and wayfinding.
- Expanded parking lots.
The workshop will be an opportunity for residents, property owners and businesses to provide input in advance of the final development of the Downtown Parking Master Plan. The draft report from the consultant is attached (pdf).
For more information, contact John Donlevy at 530-794-6710.