Welcome to the City’s web page regarding the North Area Planning. At the present time, we do not have any official submittals, but when the City receives such, they will be immediately posted to this page. The following are key documents which are referenced in City planning efforts.
Based on recent newspaper articles, the City has received permission from Bellevue North LLC to release the “Draft” documents submitted to the City for preliminary review. Also included is the March, 2019 City of Winters response to discussions had with Bellevue North regarding an official submittal.
- Draft Bellevue North Planning Proposal 1-18-2019
- City of Winters Response to Bellevue North Planning Discussions 3-13-2019
General Plan Overview provides an overview of the City’s General Plan, its Elements and key documents which make up the document.
Housing Element- This document is required by the State Department of Housing and Community Development and is the certified plan submitted by the City and approved by the State.
State Office of Planning and Research Guidance on Housing Elements- This is the official State Policy on Housing Elements, the goals required of each City and is a key reference document for City planning.
State Guidelines on General Plans- These are the official State Guidelines for General Plans, updates and expectations for future documents and documentation.
Draft Specific Plan Outline- This is a DRAFT of a framework for the development of a Specific Plan.
Draft North Area Work Plan- This is a draft document which has been prepared by City Staff in anticipation of a planning submittal from property owners.
Yolo County Tax Sharing and Annexation Guidelines- These are the guidelines for Yolo County in their consideration of annexation proposals from cities.
SACOG Blueprint- This is the regional planning document for the six (6) county area which encompasses the Sacramento Area Council of Governments.
SACOG- Regional Housing Needs Allocation- This is the current web page for the upcoming RHNA process for the allocation of growth within the Sacramento region.
Ask the City Manager Meeting Schedule- This is a new program where people are invited to come meet with the City Manager to discuss any and all topics related to the City of Winters.
For questions regarding any of these documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: to view online City documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer. Click to visit Adobe's download page (external website).
- Ask the City Manager
- Draft North Area Workplan v3
- Draft Specific Plan Framework v2
- Housing Issues Overview May 2019
- Q&A on North Area Planning Issue
- Yolo Proposed Annexation and Tax Sharing Policy Framework
- Yolo County Agricultural Mitigation Policy
- Land Use Planning Community Workshop
- Overview of Typical Land Development Process for a Major Project
- North Area Planning and Project Status - March 11 2020
Winters City Limits Specific Plan:
- SB 2 Grant Application
- Notice of Funding Availability
- Supplemental Agenda Report SB 2
- Grant Presentation
- Draft Responses from 01/21/2020 Community Engagement Workshop
- Community Engagement Response Summary
- RFP Housing Element - City of Winters
- Housing Element RFP Exhibit - City of winters Standard Consultant Services Agreement