The City of Winters is currently accepting applications for the Winters Senior Commission on Aging. There is currently one seat available. Please see below information regarding the commission. Application can be delivered or mailed to the City Clerk at City Hall or email to email@example.com
Winters Senior Commission on Aging
The Winters Senior Commission on Aging performs the following functions:
- Act as an advisory body to the City Council through the research, evaluation, and recommendations of grants and program proposals affecting the well-being of new or existing senior programs in the City of Winters.
- Work to define the unmet needs of Winters's senior citizens and identify ways to meet those needs.
- Explore improved standards of services to the aging and explore new services for the aging, through public and private resources.
- Act as an advisory body to the City Council regarding the design, programs, operation, and maintenance of the proposed senior center, when completed, and until a similar task force is formed specifically for the senior center.
- Identify and keep current the Inventory of various activities and services available to seniors in Winters, both public and private.
- Disseminate information to seniors regarding the availability and uses of the various activities and services.
- Discuss and recommend appropriate action on all legislative congressional bills that would affect senior citizens; and
- Recommend and coordinate senior citizen programs and resources, including but not limited to transportation, health, and recreation.
The Commission meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:30pm via zoom (until in person meetings are permissible). The term of the open seat expires 6/1/2023.