Winters Climate Action Plan Development Board
The Climate Action Plan Development Board shall work toward and advise the development of a Climate Action Plan (CAP) for the City of Winters. The Board will adhere to the following work program to refine and establish a CAP for the City:
- Review and merge existing documents including the Draft Climate Action Plan, Climate Action Plan Strategy Report and the Yolo Resiliency Collaborative Resiliency Planning Toolbox to support their integration into a single CAP document
- Work with city staff and consultants to generate the draft CAP to include recommendations, policies, and programs toward the development of the CAP, including serving in an advisory capacity on the development of the final draft of the document.
- Conduct community outreach, forums, collect feedback, and perform outreach about the Climate Action Plan, including holding regular meetings, forums, conducting surveys and conducting research in the development of the CAP
- Develop recommendations on the integration of the CAP into other General Plan Elements and policies
- Prepare recommendations on an overall implementation plan for the CAP
- Generate roles, tasks, duties and a workplan for the establishment of an ongoing Climate Action Commission
Syllabus of Scheduled 2020 Meetings
The Board will hold regular meetings which will include specific topics, speakers and a schedule of meetings to generate policy recommendations in the development of the entire CAP document as follows:
- February 20th - Context and Justification for a CAP - RESCHEDULED TO MARCH 19
- Current statewide and worldwide coordinated efforts to address climate issues
- March 19th – Review of Existing Resources
- Draft CAP, Strategy Report, YRC Resiliency Planning Toolbox
- April 16th – Equity and Inclusion
- How do we ensure underserved neighborhoods are included?
- May 7th - Land Use, Transportation, and Circulation Planning (1) - RESCHEDULED TO MAY 14
- Transportation GHG emissions in Winters
- May 21st – Land Use, Transportation, and Circulation Planning (2)
- How can planning improve our climate resiliency efforts?
- June 4th
- June 18th – Energy and Water Efficiency
- What can efficiency upgrades bring to the City?
- July 2nd
- July 16th – Climate and Health
- In what ways can climate impacts affect individual health? Especially on vulnerable populations?
- August 6th – CAP Collaboration and Commission Planning
- Review CAP development process, recommendations for commission establishment
First and Third Thursday every month through July 2020 at 5:30pm. Meeting location or participation information available in the meeting agenda (see above).