Winters Climate Action Plan Development Board
The Climate Action Plan Development Board shall work toward and advise the development of a Climate Action Plan (CAP) for the City of Winters. The Board will adhere to the following work program to refine and establish a CAP for the City:
- Review and merge existing documents including the Draft Climate Action Plan, Climate Action Plan Strategy Report and the Yolo Resiliency Collaborative Resiliency Planning Toolbox to support their integration into a single CAP document
- Work with city staff and consultants to generate the draft CAP to include recommendations, policies, and programs toward the development of the CAP, including serving in an advisory capacity on the development of the final draft of the document.
- Conduct community outreach, forums, collect feedback, and perform outreach about the Climate Action Plan, including holding regular meetings, forums, conducting surveys and conducting research in the development of the CAP
- Develop recommendations on the integration of the CAP into other General Plan Elements and policies
- Prepare recommendations on an overall implementation plan for the CAP
- Generate roles, tasks, duties and a workplan for the establishment of an ongoing Climate Action Commission
Syllabus of Scheduled 2020 Meetings
The Board will hold regular meetings which will include specific topics, speakers and a schedule of meetings to generate policy recommendations in the development of the entire CAP document as follows:
- February 20th – Context and Justification for a CAP
- Current statewide and worldwide coordinated efforts to address climate issues
- March 19th – Review of Existing Resources
- Draft CAP, Strategy Report, YRC Resiliency Planning Toolbox
- April 16th – Equity and Inclusion
- How do we ensure underserved neighborhoods are included?
- May 21st – Land Use, Transportation, and Circulation Planning
- How can planning improve our climate resiliency efforts?
- June 18th – Energy and Water Efficiency
- What can efficiency upgrades bring to the City?
- July 16th – Climate and Health
- In what ways can climate impacts affect individual health? Especially on vulnerable populations?
- August 20th – CAP Collaboration and Commission Planning
- Review CAP development process, recommendations for commission establishment
Third Thursday every month, 6:30pm City Council Chambers, 318 First Street, Winters CA 95694
Winters CAP Development Board – Selection Process
- Applicants Sought for Winters Climate Action Plan Development Board (pdf)
- Climate Action Plan Development Board Guidelines (pdf)
Applications are now being accepted for the City of Winters Climate Action Plan (CAP) Development Board. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through Monday, February 3rd, 2020. The Application of Interest in Appointed Positions/Appointment to City Board and Commissions (pdf) is available here, at City Hall or on the City of Winters website at http://www.cityofwinters.org/administrative-services-forms. The CAP Development Board was established to complete development of a climate action plan for the City, hold public meeting and forums centered around climate issues, and recommend CAP implementation strategies.
Prospective applicants must have a Winters address, or reside within a reasonable proximity to the City of Winters (i.e. nearby unincorporated/county areas, but not other municipalities). The City Council shall endeavor to appoint a membership that represents the diversity of the City of Winters by race, age, and gender.
The service term is six (6) months, poised to begin in late February 2020. The Winters City Council will review the submitted applications and select a limited number of applicants to be interviewed. Selected applicants will be contacted and scheduled for their interviews.
Please email completed applications or submit questions concerning the CAP Development Board to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may also be submitted in person or mailed to City of Winters, Attn: Christopher Flores, 318 First Street, Winters, CA 95694.