- The PG&E Groundbreaking is this coming Monday, November 2, 2015 at 11:00. Below is the invite and all are encouraged to come!
- The Putah Creek Bridge Project crews are working on their last big push to complete the bridge and get the bridge open to traffic. In order to facilitate this process the bridge will be closed beginning Monday 11/2 at 9 am and will remain closed until approximately Sat. 11/21. Please use Putah Creek Road to Hwy 505 as a detour during this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation during these last few weeks as we work to complete the project before therains begin!
- City Council Agenda has a couple items including the Tree Lighting Ceremony and Tractor Parade for Christmas, the second reading of ordinances for second units and home occupations and the inspection contract for the PG&E facility.
- Construction on the Downtown Hotel has begun!!! Grading started this week and will proceed for the next few weeks. (It amazes me how much guys are intrigued to stand and stare at machinery in action!) Look for the project to get the site work done, then let the El Nino hit it and then the project will start coming out of the ground. This is getting exciting!
- Congratulation to Yolo Housing who is celebrating their 65th Anniversary of providing quality public housing in Yolo and Solano Counties. Our Mayor Cecilia Aguiar Curry is the current Chair and Winters resident Lisa Baker is the Executive Director. El Rio Villa was the first housing project for Yolo Housing, so our community is an important part of their celebration and success.
- Lisa Baker is an absolute star in Yolo County! Her efforts to re-establish Yolo Housing after a very controversial period has been an important success story. Yolo Housing through their staff and Board has become a nationally recognized Housing Agency and saying it has been a tough road is an absolute understatement.
- The Winters Veterans of Foreign Wars will be holding a scholarship fundraising dinner on November 12 starting at 6:00 at Tomats Restaurant as a kickoff for the Holden Philbrook Memorial Scholarship. Holden was a Winters High Grad stationed in North Carolina with the Army when he died in a motorcycle accident. Funds from the dinner will go toward a scholarship which will be awarded at the 2016 graduation.
- The Fire Departments Annual Shrimp Feed in support of Toys for Tots is on November 14 at 6:00 at the Fire Station. Go by the station for tickets!
Have a nice weekend. ~ John