May 2 is the Big Day of Giving and the opportunity to support some of those organization who make Winters a special place to live. Here are some of the organizations serving our community who are participating.
- The Winters Friends of the Library (WFoL) is a preeminent organization for Winters. Through the years, they have funded many tens of thousands of dollars toward expanded library hours, programming, furniture, speakers forums and were the leaders in getting the Winters Community Library to where it is today!
- Putah Creek Council is the organization which has led the way to the ecological restoration of the creek. They were the ones who led the fight for water flows in the early 1990’s and continue the efforts today with incredible restoration work, enhancement of fish habitat and educational programming.
- Winters Education Foundation supports Winters teachers and students through grants and programming which gets right into the classroom. WEF helps bring opportunity and quality programs in support of the WJUSD.
- Center for Land Based Learning is one of those organizations which has put Winters on the world food map. From farm based educational programs for urban youth to community farming initiatives, the Center for Land Based Learning is setting an incredible standard in educating people about food and farming.
- Winters Farm to School helps provide fresh food and nutrition education to students in Winters schools. They bring the bounty of our area to our children through a farmers market, education and the idea of building good life long eating habits from an early age.
- Winters Museum, founded in 2018 is committed to the preservation and display of the heritage of the Winters Community. Photo’s, artifacts and themed displays make it the go to place in Downtown.
- Winters Community Theatre not only entertains us, but they give back through renovations at the Community Center and enhanced opportunities for people of all ages.
- The New Hope Community Development Corporation (CDC) Yolo County Housing is the non-profit arm for Yolo Housing. This incredible organization has brought a renaissance to public housing in Yolo/Solano Counties and continues to seek new and innovative solutions to many of the issues facing people in need of affordable and available housing.
Get out there and support our town!