Beginning in July, 2018, the City had an open committee dedicated to the formulation of recommendations to advance the City’s economic development potential. The process included structured meetings, homework and eventually idea building and visioning on potential means for enhancing the economic development potential. In the end, the goal was to work toward closing the imbalance of jobs and housing, spark community vitality and enhancing the City’s collaboration with local and regional partners.
The Final Report and Recommendations are located HERE.
Some key documents and information from the Committee include the following:
- The Committee Agendas, Syllabus, Members, Speakers and Meeting dates are HERE.
- The tasks of the Committee as adopted by the City Council are HERE.
- A review of the 2018 Sacramento Regional Report from the Brookings Institute was presented. HERE is the presentation and HERE is the Report. The updated Prosperity Framework from the 2019 SACOG Goal Setting Workshop is HERE.
- Presentations were provided by representatives from the Solano Economic Development Corporation (HERE) and Solano Community College (HERE) on how the City can best seek to collaborate with regional partners.
- Background information provided to and reviewed by the Committee included Winters Revenues and Sales Taxes, Zoning Descriptions and a Map with Acreages, a review of the City’s Flood Zone with fees and acreages.
- A presentation on the City of Davis’ 2014-16 “Achieving the Vision” strategy was also included HERE.
Questions on the Economic Development Advisory Committee can be directed to email@example.com .
Live and Recorded Meetings:
Next Meeting: TBA