City Manager’s Update
December 3, 2021
Greetings, all. HOLIDAY HOOPLA HAS ARRIVED!! Woot! Woot! Don’t miss out on any of the holiday festivities this weekend. Winters Wonderland begins Friday at 4 p.m. with activities along Main Street and in Rotary Park, perfect for lots of family fun. Rumor has it Santa will be in town!
Don’t miss out on Saturday, from 1 – 4 p.m., at the Winters Library. The Friends of the Library are hosting a holiday craft and book sale. Take home holiday craft kits will keep the kids busy and get the family into the spirit!
For information about the tractor parade, please visit the Winters Chamber of Commerce holiday event page. And remember, this year you can spread out to watch the parade from Haven to Morgan! Food trucks, music, and more will be spread out along the route.
Please note road closures may begin before 4 p.m. in the downtown core to fill water barricades at intersections. If you live downtown, please get your cars in or out before 4 p.m. We will try to keep residential alleys open to facilitate downtown circulation.
- We had a glitch preparing utility bills and reran the batch. Bills will be mailed tomorrow; we apologize for the delay. No late charges will be assessed.
- The recruitment for the Climate Action Commission is underway. Passionate about the environment? Interested in helping combat climate change? More information is available here. Applications will be accepted through January 10, 2022.
- The Senior Commission on Aging has been busy! These volunteers are planning for the new senior center and would like to hear what type of senior programs and activities you would like available. Please complete a brief survey in English here or in Spanish here. Check out the Senior Resource Guide, available in English and Spanish, at http://www.cityofwinters.org/senior-resources/
Don’t Miss Out!
- This week the City coordinated a scoping session for the Environmental Impact Report for the Farmstead project. The video will be loaded to the project landing page. If you would like to be directly notified via email with project updates on either the Farmstead or Walnut 10 projects, please email Senior Planner Kirk Skierski at email@example.com.
- The County has updated their COVID landing page. With the arrival of the Omicron variant, please stay up to date on public health information related to testing, vaccines, and booster shots. Please note, you will need to make an appointment through https://myturn.ca.gov/ for a booster shot at a Yolo County vaccination clinic. Walk ins are welcome for first or second vaccine shots.
Upcoming Council Meeting – December 7, 2021
- The packet will be posted to the City’s website here. Several items are on the agenda, including contract amendments for the EV car charging and Finance Office build-out projects, the second reading of the updated solid waste ordinance, and final acceptance of the summer street rehabilitation project. Council will also discuss whether to adjust Council compensation and move council elections from March / June to November to consolidate with the general election cycle. This last item is an important discussion since our next scheduled election is June 2022. Link to the packet here.
If you can’t attend a council meeting, please submit written comments to the firstname.lastname@example.org before noon on Tuesday so that we can summarize comments to be read into the record.