- -Yolo County has announced that COVID vaccines are now available through WalMart and Costco. There are limited supplies so the County will focus on underserved and hard to reach populations while the provide providers (pharmacies, medical networks, etc) focus on others.
- -There is a Council meeting this coming Tuesday, April 6, beginning at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom. It will be preceded by a closed session at 6 p.m. to discuss labor negotiations. The open session agenda has a number of items likely of interest to the community, including City Hall’s reopening plan. Given limited onsite staffing, staff is recommending that Council consider a new schedule for employees and City Hall. Currently, most staff work a 9/80 schedule alternating Fridays off, which means very few staff are in the building on Fridays and the phones ring unanswered. The recommendation is that staff modify their schedules so everyone has the same Friday off and City Hall closes every other Friday. This change would not affect Police, Fire or Public Works. I’ve also asked Council to consider a lunch closure from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. for similar reasons; only a handful of people are in the building mid-day. The packet will soon be available on the city’s website at www.cityofwinters.org.
- -Regardless of schedule, City Hall will re-open for walk in service beginning Monday, April 12. The lobby is very small so only one person may be in the lobby at a time; we continue to encourage people to continue to use the drop off box for utility payments and connect with staff via phone and email.
- -The Building Division will implement new service hours beginning April 12. The Building Official will be onsite Tuesday and Thursdays. He and the inspector will be available at the counter Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9a.m. – 12 p.m. for consultations. The over the counter permit program is getting updated and will be rolled out to the community as soon as it is ready. Building inspections are available Monday – Thursday. Please call 530-794-4708 to schedule an appointment or an inspection. When leaving a message for an inspection, please be sure to provide your name, permit number, the location for the inspection, the date requested, and whether morning or afternoon is preferred.
- -The Yolo County Friends of the Archives has some great programming. Please follow them at www.friendsyca.org.